Long hair is without a doubt becoming a major trend amongst guys in 2017. The good thing about long hair trends is that there is a formidable barrier of entry. Not many people can pull off luscious locks, many lose their minds during the awkward middle phase and some simply don’t have the patience to pull through. This post will cover all these topics and more!
The In-Between Period
Every guy that has ever grown out their hair has dealt with the awkward in-between length blah hair.
Get used to the idea of wearing hats and headbands to cover up that medium length atrocity.
An important concept many guys forgo is: If you want great looking long hair later on, you need to start taking good care of your hair NOW.
- No tight ponytails
- Don’t overly brush your hair
- No brushing wet hair
- Keep blow-drying/heating to an absolute minimum
- No coloring
- No Bleaching
- Try to keep [easyazon_link identifier="B01BFKIJ06" locale="US" tag="hairstyleonpoint-20"]Shampooing to 2-3 times/week[/easyazon_link]
Staying on Track
Growing a long hairstyle is more than just letting your hair grow out. You need to maintain that mane.
1. Take proper care of your side burns, trim them if they get to long as to avoid the long wispy look.
2. Style your hair based on its CURRENT Length. Meaning don’t try and force a man bun or top know if you don’t have the length, you will just look ridiculous, trust me.
3. The normal rate of hair growth in a person is about half an inch per month, so if you’re truly dedicated, be ready for the long haul.
4. Remember, growing out your hair doesn't mean you forgo haircuts. Try and and get a haircut every 3 months but make sure you clearly communicate to your barber you want to keep the length, but just clean up/trim the edges.
Overcoming fear is a matter of confidence.
Being confident in your hair-growth decision requires confident care, care that speaks to your commitment to making long hair look good.