Over the years, your beauty routine has grown with you. You've likely tested the waters with new haircuts, colors, and products to figure out what works best for you. But now you have a new challenge: to handle aging hair, hide forehead wrinkles, give extra volume to thin or fine hair, and look like a million bucks of course!
So, whether you're looking to chop off your long locks or simply freshen up your current natural gray hairstyle, there are plenty of hairstyles for women over 60 that are both gorgeous and age-appropriate.
Hairstyles for Women Over 60
Here are 60 hairstyles for women over 60 to consider when you book your next visit to the stylist.
2. Silver & Bouncy Curls
This is a great haircut for older women with a round face shape and natural grey hair. Thanks to its length, side-swept long bangs, loose waves, and just the right amount of subtle layers, this charming hairstyle for women over 60 visually elongates the face, balancing the whole look.
Hairstyles for Women Over 60Here are 60 hairstyles for women over 60 to consider when you book your next visit to the stylist.
1. Asymmetrical Pixie Haircut@leah.thestylistThis hip and stylish cut with choppy layers and wispy bangs is an idea for busy ladies, and it does a lot to take years off the face, flattering the facial features. Pixie cuts for older women come in a lot of different styles, so be sure to let your stylist know that you want it quite a bit longer in the front if going with this particular short choppy layers look.
2. Silver & Bouncy Curls@and.bloomThis is a great haircut for older women with a round face shape and natural grey hair. Thanks to its length, side-swept long bangs, loose waves, and just the right amount of subtle layers, this charming hairstyle for women over 60 visually elongates the face, balancing the whole look.
3. Blunt Razor Bob for Women Over 60@hairdressersdoitbetterThis rounded classic bob hairstyle with thick bangs sets off the eyes and frames a gorgeous smile. A bonus with this medium-length hairstyle is that you have enough length for an updo.
4. Classic Updo@winvikolettaLong hair sometimes needs to be tucked away, and this classic hairstyle shows that you can look elegant at the same time. There are a lot of hair accessories that can make an updo a lot easier to get when you are in a hurry or when your fine hair natural texture is too unruly.
5. The Emmy Lou LayersEmmy Lou Harris is a fashion and music icon. Her shaggy silvery cut truly brings out her beauty. Such medium-length hairstyles with face-framing layers and long bangs can be done by any stylist with no hassle, and it grows out well if you want more length at times or just don't get to the stylist often.
6. Short & Sweet Wispy Layers@reza_alba3Short pixie haircuts for women over 60 are the easiest way to tame white or gray hair. No matter if you have thick hair, wavy hair, or straight hair - every hair texture looks sweet in a pixie cut with choppy layers that is effortlessly styled with a hairdryer and a round brush.
7. Grey and Big Curls@silver.s.t.y.l.eA curly vintage look is classy, and we love the variation of color in this long hair look.
8. Long Straight Low Pony@art_of_healthy_agingA low ponytail keeps hair back, and we love the natural flow of this mostly straight look. Women over 60 with thin or fine hair as well as with thick hair love this white hair solution for bad natural hair days.
9. Carmel Highlights with Bouncy Curls@annekewesterbosLong hair and medium hair can be a lot of fun even for women over 60. This shoulder-length cut is truly age-defying and fun. A great look for those with thick hair and that like some edge to their haircuts for women over 60.
10. Textured Bob with Bangs@and.bloomBig well-defined highlighted curls look cool and youthful.
11. Color Pop@fiftysisterThis is one of our favorite hairstyles for women over 60. This mom knows a thing or two about hair and this temporary plum color adds a lot of juice to her look.
12. Beautiful Natural CurlscatherinemattelaerLetting hair have some natural gray and white in it over the years can really set it off as you can see from this kinky curly look.
13.Volumized BoblizwparksThis style is almost a titanium color and the slight curl at the bottom shows off the fantastic volume.
14. Soft Gray PixiejanellenelsonThese layers are something you can just get lost in.
15. Long LayershildejanseA basic yet gorgeous all the same look.
16. Twisted LocksorganicdreadlocksThe Twisted Locks look can be had at any age.
17. Face Framing with Wavesand.bloomSoft layers and bangs will frame your face in elegant style. This is one of the most suitable hairstyles for women over 60 with fine hair.
18. Shoulder Length Bobsimone_i_jacobThis is another look that is fabulous when worn by older ladies that want glamor.
19. Copper & LayeredalanahthanejahairIf you have a lot of natural waves it is sometimes best to just go with it and let your beauty shine.
20. Honey HighlightsjanefondaIt is hard to believe that Christie is over 60. Full, voluminous curls like these look especially beautiful with blonde hairstyles.
21. Helen Mirren’s BobIf you are over 60, it pays to keep up with Helen Mirren if only for her great hairstyle choices.
22. Pink Ombrelabiosthetique.ca.eastThis well-done ombre shows that older ladies can rock this trend with no problems. This is one of the best hairstyles for round face women because the long layers will elongate your face.
23. Tousled Short PixiesilverstylestudioThe pixie doesn't require a lot of maintenance, and it looks great on any face shape.
24. Razor Cut Red PixieirosebyrosaliesliedrechtA deep burgundy pixie cut with an edge looks good on a lot of women.
25. Faith Hill’s Bobtianeyman
26. Blended Greyashley_hairstylist__This cut has a bit more length to it than a lot of similar looks. The jagged lines create a youthful look for ladies over 60.
27. Round Asymmetrical BobhairoomwithinnaA rounded short cut makes your smile truly shine. Rounded bobs are popular because they hug the face so closely.
28. Buttery Blonde HighlightsstudiolionessThe overall look of this cut is super hip style. We love the sunglasses too! If you need to this style easily transitions to an updo.
29. Grey soft curls__kristina.renee__The curl pattern of this look and the contrast between white and gray is lovely.
30. Lavender Pixiehair_by__brookeLavender hair is something those that are naturally gray or white-haired should consider bringing their look up to date. Undercuts keep thick hair manageable.
31. Silver Short Bob With BangskarenperssonA good bob for those with thinning hair.
32. Dyed EndsthathairgirlzoeThis superior face framing chin length cut with bangs does a good job being stylish yet manageable.
33. Honey Layered Bob & Bangssimone_i_jacobVery thick hair does well with a blunt cut bob like this one.
34. Mermaid Hairand.bloomThis look is easy to style and stunning, and you get it all in one cute little cut! Just 5 minutes of styling in the morning is about all you need.
35. Shaggy BobInstagram:shearcollectiveDiane Keaton always seems to be wearing a cute bob these days. Here flared out layers are simply fun and pretty at the same time.
36. Business in Front Party in the backirosebyrosaliesliedrechtSleek chin-length hair that turns in to frame the face makes for a pretty youthful style.
37. Salt & Pepper Straightfor_dettaThis blonde look is hip and fun yet very flattering.
38. Braided CrownpulpriotcanadaIt is hard not to love this longer and more textured take on the braided crown.
39. Very Short Round Highlightswinvikoletta
40. Shoulder Length Cut with Side-Swept BangshelenedelahoddeThis Bob is so posh and works great for ladies with fine hair.
41. Sharon Osbourne Hot Red PixiehollywoodlifeIf you like the style that takes it to another level then look no further than Sharon. If red is not your color, then consider a deep black blue or dark burgundy color.
42. The Messy Undercutdeborah__darlingA cute little side sweeps for those that want to keep it simple. Try using a root lifter on wet hair for maximum volume.
43. The New Victory RollwinvikolettaThe location of the layers sets off the beauty of the face. An occasional trim is all you need to keep this style up besides a good weekly conditioner.
44. Modern Short Rounded BobgreynaissanceLayers and bangs seem to be essential for a lot of stylish looks.
45. Snow Whiteover50__styleThis pixie cut combines more than one color of blonde for an outgoing look that is easy to manage.
46. Long & Wavy with Hair ExtensionscarolinelabouchereThis look is so effortless. Adding natural beaded row hair extensions makes the hair so long and luscious.
47. Pastel Highlights Gray HairhairbykellybyfieldThis color is just amazing. You can have a lot of fun with a more vibrant look when it comes to your bob. Soft pink, violet, blue, and yellow tone are all possibilities.
48. Curly Highlighted PixieprueleithSoft contours and naturally gray hair are stunning together. This brings out gorgeous eyes and skin.
49. Wavy Lobinstagram:ubikwistmagThis professional yet classy cut is long enough to give you the option of an updo or a half-up style. If you are out in the working world still, this is a go-to look.
50. Long Layers & Side Swept BangsInstagram:a.two.drink.minimumA classy side sweep and long layers make an ethereal look for long hair fans.
51. Gray Hair Layered Bobcatherine_delzenne
52. Short SpikyInstagram: chaoshairconceptschwazShort and spiky cuts can be a lot of fun, and they are simple to maintain. For added drama, you can get some highlights added in. Styling is as simple as a little bit of hair balm or wax.
53. Stacked Layers & HighlightsInstagram: the.pro.age.womanThis stacked bob has a lot of texture and sophistication. The asymmetrical lines are hip and stylish.
54. Ms. Welch Long Highlight LayersRaquel Welch defies her age with impeccable style with this long and layered look. Ms. Welch has a lot of styles that are captured in her best-selling wig collection.
55. Tucked BobA cute tucked behind the ears bob is all a lot of ladies need for a great new style.
56. Side Part Blunt LobInstagram:movewithbueThis look means you will never have to worry about having a look that doesn't have a lot of texture and drama to it. Gorgeous highlights and well-cut bangs emphasize pretty eyes.
57. Very Long Silver WavesInstagram:madifrewbeautyJust because you are over 60 doesn't mean you cannot have long luxurious hair. Just be aware of the importance of conditioning regularly and getting ends trimmed to avoid a scraggly appearance.
58. Swept Away Face FramingIntsagram : deborahsorlieA classy bob with waves and highlights should always be considered for your next look.
59. Hair ScarfInstagram:nikkiredcliffeThis is a cute bob is one of the most practical hairstyles for women over 60. A rock-n-roll-inspired streaky look is gorgeous on older ladies if the right colors are used.
60. Silver Super Volume Silver Sheen Light Curl BobSilver hair is downright gorgeous when done well. This Bob has an insane amount of volume and the wavy swept over bangs make one think of old Hollywood.
Hairstyles for Women Over 60 - 5 Quick TipsOver the years everyone's hair changes in some ways. Some styles may be better for thinner hair than others, or you may decide that you can't deal with very long hair anymore. Here are some tips on hairstyles for women over 60:
- Don't be afraid of fun and fabulous color. There is no reason older ladies cannot wear some of the hot color trends out there.
- Be open to change when it comes to your hair.
- Consider wigs and extensions for changing up your look with ease or combating thinning hair. There are so many wigs and extensions out there that are affordable.
- Visit your stylist at least a few times a year. Maintaining any look is going to require doing a little something once in a while. A good stylist can also help you decide on different looks over the years.
- Use quality hair care products but not too much of any one thing. A lot of the looks described in this post are of a shorter length. There is a tendency to use too much product on short hair, and this can lead to building up that weighs hair down.