Over the years, your beauty routine has grown with you. You've likely tested the waters with new hair cuts, colors, and products to figure out what works best for you. So, whether you're looking to chop off your long locks or simply freshen up your current style, there are plenty of hairstyles for women over 60 that are both gorgeous and age-appropriate.
Hairstyles for Women Over 60
Here are 60 hairstyles and haircuts for women over 60 to consider when you book your next visit to the stylist.
1. Asymmetrical Pixie Haircut
This hip and stylish cut is idea for busy ladies, and it does a lot to take years off the face. Pixie cuts come in a lot of different styles so be sure to let your stylist know that you want it quite a bit longer in the front if going with this particular look.
Hairstyles for Women Over 60Here are 60 hairstyles and haircuts for women over 60 to consider when you book your next visit to the stylist.
1. Asymmetrical Pixie Haircut
@leah.thestylistThis hip and stylish cut is idea for busy ladies, and it does a lot to take years off the face. Pixie cuts come in a lot of different styles so be sure to let your stylist know that you want it quite a bit longer in the front if going with this particular look.
2. Silver & Bouncy Curls@and.bloom
3. Blunt Razor Bob@hairdressersdoitbetter This rounded bob with bangs sets off the eyes and frames a gorgeous smile. A bonus with this medium length hairstyle is that you have enough length for an updo.
4. Classic Updo@winvikoletta Long hair sometimes needs to be tucked away, and this look shows that you can look elegant at the same time. There are a lot of hair accessories that can make an updo a lot easier to get when you are in a hurry.
5. The Emmy Lou LayersEmmy Lou Harris is a fashion and music icon. Her shaggy silvery cut truly brings out her beauty. This is a cut that can be done by any stylist with no hassle, and it grows out well if you want more length at times or just don't get to the stylist often.
6.Short & Sweet@reza_alba3
7. Grey and Big Curls@silver.s.t.y.l.e A curly vintage look is classy, and we love the variation of color in this look.
8. Long Straight Low Pony@art_of_healthy_aging A low ponytail keeps hair back, and we love the natural flow of this mostly straight look. Braiding the hair is another pretty way to get a different look.
9. Carmel Highlights with Bouncy Curls@annekewesterbos Big hair can be a lot of fun. This look is truly age-defying and fun. A great look for those with thicker hair and that like some edge to their style.
10. Textured Bob with Bangs@and.bloom Big well defined highlighted curls look cool and youthful.
11. Color Pop@fiftysister This is one of our favorite hairstyles for women over 60. This mom knows a thing or two about hair and this temporary plum color adds a lot of juice to her look.
12. Beautiful Natural Curls@catherinemattelaer Letting hair have some natural gray and white in it over the years can really set it off as you can see from this kinky curly look.
13.Volumized Bob@lizwparks This style is almost a titanium color and the slight curl at the bottom shows off the fantastic volume.
14. Soft Gray Pixie Haircut@janellenelson These layers are something you can just get lost in.
15. Long Layers@hildejanse A basic yet gorgeous all the same look.
16. Twisted Locks@organicdreadlocks The Twisted Locks look can be had at any age.
17. Face Framing with Waves@and.bloom Soft layers and bangs will frame your face in elegant style. This is one of the most suitable hairstyles for women over 60 with fine hair.
18. Shoulder Length Bob@simone_i_jacob This is another look that is fabulous when worn by older ladies that want glamor.
19. Copper & Layered@alanahthanejahair If you have a lot of natural waves it is sometimes best to just go with it and let your beauty shine.
20. Honey Highlights@janefonda It is hard to believe that Christie is over 60. Full, voluminous curls like these look especially beautiful with blonde hairstyles.
21. Helen Mirren’s Bob@ If you are over 60, it pays to keep up with Helen Mirren if only for her great hairstyle choices.
22. Pink Ombre@labiosthetique.ca.east This well-done ombre shows that older ladies can rock this trend with no problems. This is one of the best hairstyles for round face women because the long layers will elongate your face.
23. Tousled Short Pixie@silverstylestudio The pixie doesn't require a lot of maintenance, and it looks great on any face shape.
24. Razor Cut Red Pixie
Instagram: hairbymahoneyA deep burgundy pixie cut with an edge looks good on a lot of women.
25. Faith Hill’s Bob
26. Blended Grey
Instagram:ashley_hairstylist__This cut has a bit more length to it than a lot of similar looks. The jagged lines create a youthful look for ladies over 60.
27. Round Asymmetrical Bob
Instagram: michelle.eileen.hairA rounded short cut makes your smile truly shine. Rounded bobs are popular because they hug the face so closely.
28. Buttery Blonde HighlightsThe overall look of this cut is super hip style. We love the sunglasses too! If you need to this style easily transitions to an updo.
29. Grey soft curls
Instagram:kristaswaby_hairThe curl pattern of this look and the contrast between brown and gray is lovely.
30. Lavender Pixie
Instagram: topresultshairsalonLavender hair is something those that are naturally gray or white haired should consider bringing their look up to date. Undercuts keep thick hair manageable.
31. Silver Short Bob With Bangs
Instagram: theresegoesgreyA good bob for those with thinning hair.
32. Dyed Ends
Instagram:thathairgirlzoeThis superior face framing chin length cut with bangs does a good job being stylish yet manageable.
33. Honey Layered Bob & Bangs
Instagram: mplshairbyrachelVery thick hair does well with a blunt cut bob like this one.
34. Mermaid Hair
Instagram:junehairyegThis look is easy to style and stunning, and you get it all in one cute little cut! Just 5 minutes of styling in the morning is about all you need.
35. Shaggy Bob
Instagram:shearcollectiveDiane Keaton always seems to be wearing a cute bob these days. Here flared out layers are simply fun and pretty at the same time.
36. Business in Front Party in the back
Instagram:erinkelleysalonSleek chin length hair that turns in to frame the face makes for a pretty youthful style.
37. Salt & Pepper Straight
instagram:timeless.womanThis blonde look is hip and fun yet very flattering.
38. Braided Crown
Instagram:petmai1110It is hard not to love this longer and more textured take on the braided crown.
39. Very Short Round Highlights
Instagram: thiswiththisThis Bob is so posh and works great for ladies with fine hair.
41. Sharon Osbourne Hot Red Pixie
instagram:agelessrebelIf you like the style that takes it to another level than look no further than Sharon. If red is not your color, then consider a deep black blue or dark burgundy color.
42. The Messy Undercut
Instagram:thin_latin_mooseA cute little side sweeps for those that want to keep it simple. Try using a root lifter on wet hair for maximum volume.
43. The New Victory Roll
Instagram:greynaissanceThe location of the layers sets off the beauty of the face. An occasional trim is all you need to keep this style up besides a good weekly conditioner.
44. Modern Short Rounded Bob
Instagram:rantsandbigpantsLayers and bangs seem to be essential for a lot of stylish looks.
45. Snow White
Instagram: firephoenixhairThis pixie cut combines more than one color of blonde for an outgoing look that is easy to manage.
46. Long & Wavy with Hair Extensions
Instagram: amyneddermanhairThis look is so effortless, By adding natural beaded row hair extensions make the hair so long and luscious.
47. Burgundy Low lights
Instagram:sydnimamasThis color is just amazing. You can have a lot of fun with a more vibrant look when it comes to your bob. Soft pink, violet, blue, and yellow tone are all possibilities.
48. Curly Highlighted Pixie
Instagram: beyond_the_mirror_salonnySoft contours and naturally gray hair are stunning together. This brings out gorgeous eyes and skin.
49. Wavy Lob
instagram:ubikwistmagThis professional yet classy cut is long enough to give you the option of an updo or a half up style. If you are out in the working world still, this is a go-to look.
50. Long Layers & Side Swept Bangs
Instagram:a.two.drink.minimumA classy side sweep and long layers make an ethereal look for long hair fans.
52. Short Spiky
Instagram: chaoshairconceptschwazShort and spiky cuts can be a lot of fun, and they are simple to maintain. For added drama, you can get some highlights added in. Styling is as simple as a little bit of hair balm or wax.
53. Stacked Layers & Highlights
Instagram: the.pro.age.womanThis stacked bob has a lot of texture and sophistication. The asymmetrical lines are hip and stylish.
54. Ms. Welch Long Highlight LayersRaquel Welch defies her age with impeccable style with this long and layered look. Ms. Welch has a lot of styles that are captured in her best-selling wig collection.
55. Tucked BobA cute tucked behind the ears bob is all a lot of ladies need for a great new style.
56. Side Part Blunt Lob
Instagram:movewithbueThis look means you will never have to worry about having a look that doesn't have a lot of texture and drama to it. Gorgeous highlights and well-cut bangs emphasize pretty eyes.
57. Very Long Silver Waves
Instagram:madifrewbeautyJust because you are over 60 doesn't mean you cannot have long luxurious hair. Just be aware of the importance of conditioning regularly and getting ends trimmed to avoid a scraggly appearance.
58.Swept Away Face Framing
Intsagram : deborahsorlieA classy bob with waves and highlights should always be considered for your next look.
59. Hair Scarf
Instagram:nikkiredcliffeThis is a cute bob is one of the most practical hairstyles for women over 60. A rock n roll inspired streaky look is gorgeous on older ladies if the right colors are used.
60. Silver Super Volume Silver Sheen Light Curl BobSilver hair is downright gorgeous when done well. This Bob has an insane amount of volume and the wavy swept over bangs make one think of old Hollywood.
Hairstyles for Women Over 60 - 5 Quick TipsOver the years everyone's hair changes in some ways. Some styles may be better for thinner hair than others, or you may decide that you can't deal with very long hair anymore. Here are some tips on hairstyles for women over 60:
- Don't be afraid of fun and fabulous color. There is no reason older ladies cannot wear some of the hot color trends out there.
- Be open to change when in comes to your hair.
- Consider wigs and extensions for changing up your look with ease or combating thinning hair. There are so many wigs and extensions out there that are affordable.
- Visit your stylist at least a few times a year. Maintaining any look is going to require doing a little something once in awhile. A good stylist can also help you decide on different looks over the years.
- Use quality hair care products but not too much of any one thing. A lot of the looks described in this post are of a shorter length. There is a tendency to use too much product on short hair, and this can lead to building up that weighs hair down.