Long hairstyles with layers are something a lot of us strive for. When you have long hair, you have a lot of style options to choose from, whether you are rocking your own locks or hair extensions. Contrary to popular belief, long hair doesn't have to be a lot of work or hassle. Check out these 55 photos of lovely long hair ladies that will make you want to grow your hair out fast.
1. Long Ash Blonde Waves
The classic long waves with center part look pretty on ladies of all ages. This color is amazing and shows that there are some gorgeous blonde colors out there that do not seem often enough.
1. Long Ash Blonde WavesThe classic long waves with center part look pretty on ladies of all ages. This color is amazing and shows that there are some gorgeous blonde colors out there that do not seem often enough.
2. Brown Blonde Balayage WavesThose that have been curious about balayage should just go for it. Balayage color is expensive, but there is a reason for that. Handpainted highlights take a lot more time than regular color service. The color grows out and blends in with your hair so there are no visible roots so you can get away with fewer visits.
3. Light Blonde BalayageLight blonde often looks better when there is some effort to incorporate other tones. This balayage look is a great alternative to the bleached blonde look.
4. Messy Layered Blonde With Side Swept BangsThis is a beach-inspired look that is sure to please. The texture and layers are what makes this look stand out so much from other cuts.
5. Multi-Tonal Blonde Swept Away LayersThe way the tones of this blonde flow together is simply amazing. The swept back and away look stunning and is a great choice for ladies that like a lot of different blonde shades.
6. Long Red Shaggy Layers With BangsThis dark red shag is gorgeous. The copper highlights take this red to a whole new level. Shaggy bangs are a fab touch that we can dig. One thing to remember about red hair is that if you need to dye your hair to get the color, be sure to use products to extend the color because reds fade fast. You can also try vibrant red hair extensions to amplify your color as it fades.
7. Bright Red & Blonde Scene CutToday is a time when no one should be afraid of hot color. This choppy shaggy cut is a lot of fun, and the red color and blonde streaks are edgy but pretty.
8. Very Long Asymmetrical LobThis is a very extreme asymmetrical cut. However, if you are into a longer cut but want to reduce weight, then this is a cut to consider. An undercut design will add some extra fun to this long bob.
9. Soft Feathered Dark LayersThe texture achieved with this cut shows what a good stylist can do when put to work. Feathered layers are one of the seasons hottest styles, and if your natural hair isn't thick enough for this style, you can always opt for a set of clip-in hair extensions.
10. Cherry Coke BalayageThis balayage dye job goes far beyond the typical. Red is effortlessly blended with darker tones to get this unique color.
11. Dreamy Chestnut LayersBrunette beauties will benefit from this look. Dreamy chestnut layers with subtle highlights are easy to get and always beautiful.
12. Penelope Cruz Long Caramel Highlight LayersCaramel highlights go a long way with this look. Penelope is not afraid of larger hair looks.
13. Brown To Red & Blonde Balayage LayersThe color pattern shown here says it all.
14. Warm & Cool Brown LayersVariation is key to a great layered color cut. Warm and cool come together well with this look. To add dimension to your existing hair color without going to the salon, try a set of ombre or balayage hair extensions.
15. Soft Layered Medium Brown BobMedium brown smooth layers are hard to beat.
16. Caramel Blonde To Brown Balayage LayersMulti-tonal blonde and brown color are where it's at.
17. Red Blonde LayersThere is plenty of hair dye that claims to be red blonde, and this look shows you what they mean. This gorgeous color is enhanced by well-done layering.
18. Very Long Feathered V LayersThis very long V is tastefully cut and perfectly shows off the beauty of this lady's hair. If you don't have locks quite as long, you can replicate this look with a set of clip-in hair extensions.
19. Mid-Length Wavy Blonde LayersHoney blonde waves are romantic and just plain gorgeous.
20. Big Blonde Layer CutThis very long blonde look has a ton of layers to it. This is a suitable look for women with very thick hair. The taper of the layers is seen in this side view and gives a good rule of thumb for your stylist to use.
21. Middy Long Scene Choppy LayersNot all scene hair has to be a wild color. This dark brown cut frames the face and the choppy aspects add amazing texture. Women of all ages can wear this look, and if you want to mix it up, a few streaky highlights that are well placed are quite stylish.
22. Very Shaggy Major Razor Cut With BangsVery choppy looks are hot right now, and this platinum shaggy cut is worthy of the list just for the face framing quality of the well-placed layers.
23. The Dark VThis darker hair color looks fabulous with thought out layers that form a gorgeous V.
24. Ash Blonde Wavy Layers With Side SweepThis look shows how beautiful ash blonde hair can be. The multitude of cool tones is impressive and can be instantly achieved with this set of Hair extensions.
25. Bottom Blonde WavesWaves and curls at the bottom help balance out a face.
26. Black Feather LayersLayers that feather out can be a lot of fun and flatter the face.
27. Cheryl Cole’s LayersChery knows how to rock big hair, and her highlighted layers are enviable. You can get the same look no matter what hair color you choose.
28. Waist Length Medium Brown LayersThis cut shows how you can get waist length hair without all the weight. The quickest way to do so is with a set of hair extensions.
29. Ultimate Choppy Texture LayersThis very choppy look is modern and stylish. Razor cut layers are the standard for layered cuts among many women.
30. Warm Brown Highlighted LayersThese soft layers are enhanced by the warm brown tone of the hair.
31. The Dark Curve Layer CutWe love how the layers of this cut curve in to perfectly frame a gorgeous face.
32. Waist Length Dark V LayersThe length is impressive, and the layers make this cut truly stunning.
33. Strawberry Blonde Huge Curl LayersThe strawberry blonde color trend is hot and here to stay.
34. Jennifer Aniston’s LayersJennifer is great at layered looks. This lighter blonde cut has fewer layers than she usually has but still looks fabulous.
35. Majorly Thick Shaggy Long LayersThis lady is lucky to have such thick and beautiful hair to work with. There are a lot of layers in this style, and the texture is just fab.
36. Long Dark Luscious CurlsTaking the plunge and going curly is well worth it.
37. Platinum Super Long Waves & LayersThe challenge with this look is getting the length and color without damaging hair too much. Platinum color is beautiful but bleaching hair can be very harsh, so opting for a set of hair extensions to brighten your blonde is a great idea.
38. Curly End V Layers With FlowersIf you love flowers then why not wear them in your hair? These carefully placed flowers are just so pretty in this cut.
39. Long Blonde Messy LayersLayers don’t have to be neat to look good. In fact, a lot of the hottest styles are messy.
40. Sunkissed Razor LayersThis basic razor cut is classy and stylish at the same time. This is a great look if you are searching for low maintenance.
41. Red Side Swept LayersThis classy look is beautiful in so many ways. These layers make it so easy to look good on a daily basis.
42. Rock N Roll HairA long, shaggy cut with wings is just what you need for a style refresher. This cut is a good alternative to the scene haircuts and is a bit more retro in appearance.
43. Ultra Long Wavy Messy Layers
44. Super Shiny Shattered V-CutThis fresh take on the traditional V-shaped layered cut is gorgeous.
45. Side Swept Sandy BlondeSun-kissed blonde hair is some of the most natural looking blonde colors you can get.
46. Ultimate Wave LayersThe before and after shots show what just a little color can do for a look. Caramel lowlights and a cooler blonde toner takes away the yellow that was so prominent before.
47. The Ultimate SWAGThis shaggy 70s inspired cut is all the rage and with good reason. Well, textured layers and thick bangs are flattering to almost anyone.
48. Just Past The Shoulder Shaggy BobThe warm highlights of this shaggy bob make it come alive. This style is going to look for busy ladies of all ages.
49. Rounded Long Layers With Blunt BangsThis cut isn't quite curly, but the rounded layers are a good alternative for those that are craving a somewhat curly look but don't want the maintenance.
50. Very Long Scene HairScene hair doesn’t have to be ultra bright colored or over the top. A cute long layered razor cut is charming on a lot of different ladies.
51. Violet Sterling LayersOlder ladies would do well to embrace a pastel color for a new look.
52. Dark Shaggy Layers With Thick Bangs
53. Below The Chin Is Just The Beginning CutThese layers start out rather long compared to a lot of other long layered looks. This length perfectly suits the model.
54. Kim Kardashian’s Major Volume & HighlightsKim goes through a lot of styles, but this major volume layered look is one of our favorites for long hair.
55. Miranda Lambert’s Side Sweep & Wavy Blonde LayersMiranda stays true to her country roots, and this side swept blonde cut suits her face perfectly. This same cut with balayage color could look even more amazing.
Long Hair Tips
- Longer hair requires more attention to a good conditioning regime. Make sure you are at least deep conditioning weekly. If you don't use a separate conditioner when you shampoo, then switch to an all in one formula.
- Regular trims are necessary to maintain condition. If you start skipping too many visits, then you will likely run into split ends and even breakage.
- Color is a great way to enliven your look but if you overdye long hair, it is more likely to break off. Going to a professional for touch ups will largely eliminate this risk. Going a lot lighter than your natural color is often more damaging than going darker.
- Clip-in hair extensions can add a lot of extra length with ease if you struggle to get your hair as long as you would like. They are a great way to add in some extra streaks of color without using chemical hair dyes.
- Realize that you can wear long hair no matter what age you are. The key to great long hair is a good cut that flatters your unique beauty.