Your hair's greasy, but shampoo day isn't for another 48 hours. Panicking won't help, and neither will hiding in your bedroom all day. We've got you covered with the easiest second-day hairstyles and all the steps, products, and moral support you need to make them happen.
Photo credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com
- Apply PuffMe Volumizing Mist to the front, side, and back of hair.
- Comb product into hair to secure fly always and create a sleek pony.
- Flip head back up and create a high pony.
- Pull hair halfway through the Invisi Bobble Hair Tie.
- Leave a tail out and wrap around visible hair tie.
- Tuck in tail to back of hair tie.
Half Up Top Knot
Posted on Instagram by @ashxschultz
- Comb through hair to remove tangles.
- Apply Eufora Powder Lift to roots, and massage through hair with your fingers.
- Section hair at the crown and brush into a high half pony with a clear elastic.
- Wrap pony into a messy top knot bun, tucking the ends into the elastic.
- Spread and loosen the bun with your fingers until it looks a bit messy.
Posted on Instagram by @haleyscornerr
Recommended Product: Your favorite hat
- Comb through your hair to detangle.
- If you want, use a large-barrel want to run soft waves through the hair. If not, this non-style is ready to go when your favorite hat is!
Crown Braid into Low Bun
Posted on Instagram by @hairbyasla
- Start off by separating front layers and clipping aside (for the braid).
- Pull hair into a low, loose bun - the messier the better!
- Take the separate section of hair and braid until the ends, tying with a clear elastic.
- Drape the braid to reach the low bun and bobby pin in place to secure (try to tuck the hair into the bun to hide the end of the braid).
Posted on Instagram by @sarahwhair
- If your hair is looking a bit shiny, spray roots with the dry shampoo of your choice.
- Part hair down the middle, and pull into a low pony with a clear elastic.
- Use a draped bow scrunchie to cover the elastic, and voila!
- Bonus step: if your second-day pony looks lifeless, try adding some curls to it with a 1.25-inch curling wand.
Rebooted Straight Hair
Posted on Instagram by @wickeddopehair
- If your hair was straight yesterday, you might wake up the next day unsure what to do with it. Comb through it and spray a generous amount of texture spray throughout hair.
- If it's still flat and lifeless, tease around the crown to add volume.
Troubleshooting tip: if you have a weird kink, you can always flat iron it into place. But if your hair has developed a wave overnight, you can run a few curls through it.
Posted on Instagram by @jliaoo.hair
- If you worse curls yesterday, comb through them with your fingers - not an actual comb or you won't achieve the "messy" look.
- Spray Sail Soft Wave Spray generously throughout the hair, and scrunch hair with your hands.
- If your hair wasn't curled yesterday or the curls have fallen flat, you can still recurl after applying the wave spray.
Posted on Instagram by @hairbyhaileyy
- Spray dry shampoo throughout your roots and massage into hair.
- Part hair down the middle and brush back into a low pony with a boar bristle brush, tying with an elastic that matches your hair.
- Go about two inches down from the first elastic, and tie another one. Separate that section, create a hole in the middle, and flip the ponytail through the hole. Adjust the fishtail-looking section to fit the desired look.
- Repeat #3 until you get to the bottom few inches of hair.
Double Dutch Braid
If you're not a braider - don't sweat it. Watch this tutorial and you'll be a pro.
Half up Curls
Posted on Instagram by @Bethfoster
- Recurl your hair if needed. It shouldn't take as long if your hair was already curled yesterday, this is just to clean up the curls and bring them back to life.
- Spray Carols Daughter Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Refresher Spray to soften hair and give it a shine (won't make it look greasy, though).
- Use a tail comb to section off your hair as pictured, pulling into a high pony at the top of the head. Tie into an elastic, tighten, and tie in a second elastic to create a perkier pony or bun.
- Pull out face-framing strands.
Lucky for us (and everyone who doesn't like to wash their hair), the thick headband is back in style. Flawlessly covering grease-soaked roots, you can rock this accessory with virtually no styling. Just throw up into a messy bun or pony, or pair it with second-day loose waves.
For a little more hair inspiration, check out these Pinterest-worthy easy hairstyles.