Spiking your hair was always the coolest thing to do back when you were a kid, but unfortunately you’ve been doing it wrong this entire time. Spiking your hair with a wet gel is what you were used to, it would make your hair crusty and hard, separate to show your scalp and no girl wanted to run their hands through that nasty hair. Introducing the best way to actually spike your hair – Matte Spikes.
Here are some of the cool hairstyles you can achieve with spiking your hair in a matte style.
Image Sources: Nealtoner
HOW DO I ACHIEVE THIS AMAZING HAIR?
Here’s what you’re gonna need.
- A Hair Dryer
- Texturizing Scissors / Thinning Scissors (Optional)
- A Matte hairstyling Paste/Wax/Clay
Ideally, you’ll want to tell your barber to use texturing scissors on your hair during your haircut, but if they don’t do it, you’ll need to learn how to use them yourself (some YouTube therapy should help here).
How to Properly Style Spiky Hair:
- Right after your shower, towel dry your hair.
- Blow dry your moist hair into the general shape/style you want (No Product Yet!)
- After you’ve got the perfect shape and your hair is dry apply your matte wax throughout your hair
- You can now twist your spikes individually if you desire. It’s that easy!
Here are some more inspirations that can be achieved with the matte spikes technique!